The Operations/Maintenance/Amenities Cell shall be responsible for maintenance of all the infrastructure of the institute with maximum utilization of resources and minimal disturbance to the environment. The maintenance work shall cover the entire infrastructure related with an academic institute as prescribed by the agencies like AICTE, DTE, and SGBAU etc. The Cell is also primarily responsible for the activities related with campus amenities like, Canteen/Cafeteria, Girls/ Boys Common rooms, Medical room, Central Store, Toilet Blocks, Security service, Transportation (Logistics), Reprography and Auditorium/Seminar hall, Class Rooms, Uniforms, Correspondences (Inward & dispatch) water supply, air-conditioning, Water Coolers, Campus Networking, Website, safety system, surveillance system, gardens, housekeeping, cleanliness, campus development etc. The responsibilities and functions shall include (but not limited to) the followings.
1.To devise and implement a mechanism for maintenance of the entire existing infrastructure including (but not limited to) Flag, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Electronics, computing, furniture etc.
2. To liaison with the various agencies for proper authorization of the maintenance activities in conformation to the related rules & regulations.
3. To maintain the up-to-date record of the operations and maintenance activities.
4. To devise and implement a mechanism for proper working of various amenities across the campus so as to provide uninterruptible facilities and services.
5. To look after, monitor and maintain the Transportation Facilities for students and staff/faculty. To look after, monitor and maintain the Canteen and Cafeteria across the campus.
6. To look after, monitor and maintain the facilities at Girls/ Boys Common rooms, Medical room, Central Store, Toilet Blocks, Auditorium/Seminar hall /College Uniforms and Security services.
7. To devise and implement a mechanism for feedback and suggestions from the stakeholders about various amenities/services and report the same to the concerned authorities. The ultimate objective shall be to provide good ambience supportive to a vibrant academic environment
8. To devise and implement a mechanism for routine maintenance of the entire infrastructure by properly scheduling the activities on daily/weekly/quarterly basis or monthly/quarterly/annually basis as the case may be.
9. To work out and execute any other activity related with the maintenance which is necessary for the smooth operation of the institute. The overall aim of the cell will be to create an uninterruptible operational environment for the students.
The Operations/Maintenance/Amenities Cell Coordinator shall work in coordination with other Cell Coordinators and HODs. Further, he shall be responsible for suggesting budgetary provision for activities related to the Cell.