Unnat Bharat Abhiyan is inspired by the vision of transformational change in rural development processes by leveraging knowledge institutions to help build the architecture of an Inclusive India. Their mission is conceptualized as a movement to enable processes that connect institutes of higher education with local communities to address the development challenges of rural India through participatory processes and appropriate technologies for accelerating sustainable growth. It also aims to create a virtuous cycle between the society and an inclusive university system by providing knowledge and practices for emerging professions and to upgrade the capabilities of both the public and the private sectors.
Role of Unnat Bharat Abhiyan Cell
- Develop over time, research areas which have developmental significance, such as drinking water, education, health, agricultural practices, electrification, agricultural and rural industries cooking energy, watershed analysis.
- Develop collaborations of academic institutions with key government flagship programs and develop formal course ware for supporting the knowledge needs for the same.
- To identify the basic developmental and productive needs of a village and find ways and means to meet these needs.
- Strengthen the technical design of interventions in key sectoral areas of natural resource management such as water and soil, economic activities such as agriculture and related production, or related to crafts and artisans, infrastructure such as housing, roads, energy.
- Identify efficient, cost effective and sustainable development practices in the field.
- Help grassroots organizations in innovating new products, and support rural entrepreneurs to develop neighborhood solutions.
- Empower communities to dialogue with knowledge institutions in order to evolve technically sound and locally feasible development strategies that promote self-reliance.
- Facilitate convergence of development schemes, resources, various planning and implementation initiatives, and coordination of agencies for successful interventions