Skill and knowledge are the motivating forces of growth and economic development of country. Today industry is facing severe shortage of skilled Manpower. The accelerated growth has only increased the demand for skilled manpower. The Training Cell shall be responsible for all the training related activities across the institute including the training of the students, faculty and staff. The skill sets for the training shall include (but not limited to) technical training, soft skills, personality development programme under the student & staff branches/chapter of ISTE,CSI,IETE, IEI etc. for students and staff.
The skill development centre has start functioning in our college with following objectives.
- To provide the platform which will cater the services in professional skill development, these will helpful to industries to get skilled manpower.
- To provide the platform to learn skill oriented courses under various schemes of Government of India. This provides opportunity to all students in society to learn various skill oriented courses. This is helping them in their placements.
- To evaluate the performance of the skill development programs in objective manner.
- To increase the capacity and capability of the existing system in order to ensure equitable access for all
- To foster excellence in skill development centre, building effectiveness in delivering competency based training, and to enable trainees and other stakeholders to make informed choices with regard to skill development centre.
- To device and implement a mechanism for personality development programs for the students, including Group discussions techniques, interviews, public speaking, soft skills, problem solving ability etc. so as to prepare the students for their further career.
- To device and execute a mechanism for industrial training (in plant training) programs as well as the industrial visits including visits to the foreign universities.
- To device and implement a mechanism for fetching grants from the concerned government agencies for the students/faculty/staff training and development.
- To device and implement a mechanism for Faculty Development Programs for the faculty & staff including technical skill development, soft skills, meeting techniques, interviews and public speaking.
- To work out and execute any other activity related with the training (like coaching for GATE/IES/MPSC/UPSC/IAS/Competitive exams) which is useful for the personality development/ career enhancement. The ultimate objective shall be to provide a student-friendly safe and secure environment.
The responsibilities and functions of the Training includes (but not limited to) the followings.
The Skill Development & Training Cell Coordinator shall work in coordination with other Cell Coordinators and HODs. Further, he shall be responsible for suggesting budgetary provision for activities related to the Cell.