The Innovation & Entrepreneurship Development Cell (IEDC) shall be not only responsible for establishing healthy relationship with the industry but also explore the possibilities of setting up SSI unit under the aegis of the Vision Buldana Educational & Welfare Society – Buldana. The main objective of the cell aims at spearheading entrepreneurship movement and creating self-employment opportunities. The responsibilities and functions shall include (but not limited to) the followings.
- To devise and implement mechanism for identifying agencies to fetch funds for activities related to innovation & entrepreneurship.
- To device and implement a mechanism for creating awareness on Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) by motivating student and faculties, organizing workshops / seminars on the same.
- To device and implement a mechanism for patenting of the products or innovations and securing the prototypes/processes/products under intellectual property rights.
- To device and implement a mechanism for organizing National/International level Conferences/Seminars/Workshops for creating awareness on Entrepreneurship, both for the students and faculty.
- To work out and execute any other activity related with the entrepreneurship which is useful for the inculcating innovative thinking and intellect enhancement. The overall aim of the IEDC will be to create conductive environment for exposing students to various aspects of industry.
In light of the liberal economic and industrial policy recently adopted by the Govt. of India, the industrial scenario is fast changing. Retraining of the work force has become major activity for all industries. There is, thus a good opportunity for institute to interact with industries for mutual benefits. The Industry-Institute Interaction would accrue mutual benefits and ultimate aim will be the creation of confidence in industry by the Institute which would result industries involving voluntarily the Institute at various stages of its development. The responsibilities and functions shall include ( but not limited to ) the following:
1 To evolve educational programmes which are consistent with the broad requirements of the industry and which can give rise to engineering personnel capable of coping-up with the accelerating pace of the technological development
2 To create adequate facilities of updating knowledge of professional engineers and technologists to meet growth and developmental needs of the industry
3 To coordinate the research and developmental activities of the two systems
4 Preparing / updating a comprehensive directory of technology experts in different fields of expertise and know-how and forging continuing links with them through various means of involvement like talks, guest (extension) lectures, research collaboration, students sponsored project/research guidance, seminars, industrial visits & Trainings (Staff & Students), consultancy work, study tours, participation in curriculum planning etc.
The Innovation & Entrepreneurship Development Cell Coordinator shall work in coordination with other Cell Coordinators and HODs. Further, he shall be responsible for suggesting budgetary provision for activities related to the Cell.