The scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) Cell in an institute promotes the special interest of students in the reserved category and to provide special inputs in areas where the students experience difficult. The cell regularly have to conduct remedial coaching classes on life skills, personality development, writing assignments and making presentations and also have to organize interactive sessions and informal meetings with students to attend to their personal, social and academic problems.
A Manual has been prepared in order to guide the students to optimally utilize the benefits of the schemes offered by the Government of India.
- SC/ST Booklet
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- List of Resolutions for Backward Classes
- Handbook for Scheduled Tribes
- Scholarships for Reserved Students: Government of India
- Schemes: Government of India
- National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation
For more information: http://www.aicte-india.org/bureaus/administration/scst-cell
OBC, SBC, VJ, NT, Minority etc. Cell:
- To collect reports and information regarding the Government and the UGC orders on various aspects of education, training and employment of OBC, SBC, VJ, NT, Minority etc.
- To circulate Government orders and UGC’s decisions and to collect information in respect of appointing, training these communities in teaching and non-teaching posts.
- To collect statistics on OBC SBC, VJ, NT, Minority etc. students and employees
- To function as a Grievances Redressal cell for the Grievances of OBC SBC, VJ, NT, Minority etc. students & employees.