The Placement & Alumni Cell shall be primarily responsible for the activities related with campus placements and alumni. The cell is responsible for preparations of Placement Brochure and Memories of outgoing students as well as Farewell.
- To devise and implement a mechanism for organizing various placement activities so as to provide placements to all the eligible candidates.
- To device and implement mechanism to liaison with good companies for recruitment of the students.
- To organize pool campus drive in campus or off campus.
- To devise and implement a mechanism for alumni feedback and suggestions from as well as schedule and execute Alumni meet along with maintenance of the entire relevant database.
- To work out and execute any other activity related with the placement of the students.
The ultimate objective shall be to provide placement to all. The Placement & Alumni Cell Coordinator shall work in coordination with other Cell Coordinators and HODs. Further, he shall be responsible for suggesting budgetary provision for activities related to the Cell. In addition to above following are additional points to be considered
· Assessing Man power requirement.
· Contacting HR persons of Industries, Organizations and arranging campus placement programs through Placement & Alumina Cell
· Coordinating Pool Campus programs at other institutes, maintaining cordial relations with TPOs of other institutes.
· Calling experts from Industry for campus assistance, keep the track record of their performance.
· Employment of Students during past years.
· Feedback from Employers.
· Number of Students admitted to PG or M.E./ M.Tech. Programs.
· Number of students appeared for GATE in each session and their results.
· To notify the students, the details of placement programs from time to time.
· To take disciplinary action in consolation with Principal on the students in case of misbehavior during placement activities.
The aim of Training & Placement Cell of the institute is to place the student in competitively good companies by identifying their knowledge skills, attitude matrices of every individual student, creating job profiles for them, identifying areas of training & various methods as per the training requirement, formulate sequence of activities to meet the training schedules for appropriate placement. The overall role of the Training & Placement cell is of a facilitator and counselor for placement related activities. The placement cell is to act as contract place and facilitator to arrange campus visits and conduct of recruitment process of the perspective employers for the purposeful placement of students of the college. The objective of the PLITMS Training & Placement Cell is to place all eligible students in reputed IT and core manufacturing, infrastructure companies right at the campus itself. To achieve this objective the cell liaises with the various industrial establishments, corporate houses which conduct campus interviews and select students from all disciplines. The Training & Placement office provides the infra-structural facilities to conduct group discussions, tests and interviews besides catering to other logistics. The T & P Cell is assisted by a committee comprising of faculties & representatives of students. The committee evolves a broad policy framework every year besides a set of rules are inviolable. Student members are closely co-opted in implementing these policy decisions. Scope: The following are the scopes that the committee aims to accomplish in every academic year. Preparation of attractive and comprehensive Placement Brochure. Organizing Pre-Placement Seminars by Companies. Getting the pre-placement job announcement form (declaration) filled by the representatives of each visiting companies. Maintaining and regularly updating database of students. Maintaining database of companies and establishing strategic links for campus recruitments. Gathering information about job fairs and all relevant recruitment advertisements. Coordinating with companies to learn about their recruitment procedures Identifying the needs and expectations of the companies to assist them in recruiting most suitable candidates. Organizing pre-placement training for students (soft skills, dress codes, mock interviews).
Arranging periodic meetings with Human Resources Department and TPO’s of companies to promote our institute. Collecting feedback from employers where our students are placed.
Training: On Line & Off Line Training Provided To Students.
Online Aptitude training provide through sites 1) www.indiabix.com 2) www.practiceaptitudetest.com 3) www.quora.com 4) www.wiziq.com 5) www.alhea.com 6) www.fresherslive.com
Offline training provided through 1) Collaboration with Indo German Tool Room (IGTR), Aurangabad for conduction of Technical & Design Courses.
Arrange workshops for Communication skill, Personality development, Aptitude, Personal Interview.
Arranging Guest Lecture regarding interview skills. 4) Communication with industry for In-plant Training & Industrial Visits.
2) Career Guidance:
Highlighting articles on departmental notice boards regarding Competitive & Industrial Career.
Offer career plan survey sheet. 3) GATE Exam/ Other Competitive preparation by in-house faculty and online test series.
Guest lectures for MPSC,UPSC,GRE,TOEFL,IELTS & GMAT.
Guidance for preparation of resume.
Arrange mock Personal Interviews.
Communicate with Alumni for available openings.
Communicate with industry for campus interviews.
Arrange/Conduct campus interviews.
Text Message Alert facility for OFF CAMPUS RECRUITMENTS.
Arrange PAN, PASSPORT, and DRIVING LICENSE Camp every year for fulfillment of basic requirement of recruiter companies.
4) Entrepreneurship Cell:
Arrange workshop every year i.e Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp.
Contacting Alumni Entrepreneur, Other Enterprenuer to guide the students.